A roundtable is a meeting where Project Managers discuss issues they face on a daily basis. Roundtables are held throughout the Portland-Vancouver area and each meeting has its own personality. They usually follow a basic pattern but sometimes use a different format for ongoing discussions. The meetings always start with introductions and usually a solicitation for topics. Topics tabled from previous meetings, that are still current issues, are given priority. The topics are selected by attendees based on that roundtable’s rules and opened for discussion. Sometimes topics are prearranged, such as when preparation time for topic facilitation is needed.
These meetings are worth 1 PDU to PMPs, and can be extremely valuable and fun. There is often a balance of junior and senior Project Managers from a variety of disciplines to provide an eclectic viewpoint.
- You do not need to be a Chapter member to attend a roundtable meeting.
You do not need to RSVP or sign up to attend a roundtable meeting.
- Meeting dates and times may change, and special events may be planned. Sign up for the Roundtable mailing list(s) and you will receive meeting notifications and minutes via email. See Roundtable Sign Up near bottom of page.
For more information, contact the Director of Roundtables at firstname.lastname@example.org.
>> For details about a specific Roundtable meeting, please click on it from the Event Listing Page or the Calendar
or the Upcoming Roundtables list below <<
We will be sending future notifications from PMI Portland’s mailing system. In order to continue to receive notifications, you’ll need to sign up at PMI Portland’s Roundtable Mailing List Sign up. Fortunately, it’s easy. See below for instructions.
- Open PMI Portland Chapter’s Roundtable page: https://pmi-portland.org/activities/roundtables
- Scroll down on the Roundtable page to Roundtable Mailing List Sign Up on the right side of the page.
- Click the Subscribe button.
- Select the Roundtable(s) of your choice.
- Enter your name, your email.
- Click Subscribe.