CHAPTER TOASTMASTERS CLUB
- Do you want excellent presentation skills?
- Would you like to feel comfortable speaking in front of any group on a moment’s notice?
- Would you like to develop your leadership skills and garner support amoungst peers?
- Would you find value practicing that big presentation in front of peers before presenting it in front of project sponsors, team members and others?
- Would sharper listening and evaluation skills help elevate your impact with project teams?
- Do you know you can obtain all of these skills, have loads of fun, and earn valuable PDU skills in the leadership category?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, we have a solution for you!
PMI Portland Toastmasters - New Location!
Toastmasters international is an organization outside of PMI that provides a learn while doing course in leadership, speaking and presentation skills. Toastmasters has their own successful process and clubs across the world.
What if, instead of working on your weaknesses in leadership and communication, you were playing with new ideas and new ways of expressing yourself and strengthening the things you are already good at?
Would you like to give a presentation and have people pull you aside and say, “WOW! I had no idea how great you are at presenting!”? This actually happened to one of our members.
If you join Toastmasters, you will have a chance to hone your listening skills, develop evaluation skills, become confident in your impromptu speaking skills and have a great time doing it. These are all keys to successful interviews and great networking. Why not come to the only Portland Toastmasters club with a focus on project management? And you can earn a leadership PDU for every meeting you attend.
Come as a visitor (and claim a PDU) and see if you want to stay and be a part of one of the most exciting and fun learning experiences around. We look forward to welcoming you.
Here is a link to our PMI Portland Chapter Toastmasters website.
Here is a link to the PMI Portland Chapter Newsletter articles about the Club.
Questions? Email Dir. of Toastmasters.