Dr. Errol Wirasinghe PhD.will be delivering this workshop and has distributed the training on the Decision-making topic into two parts and comes packed with four PDUs (2 in Ways of Working & 2 in Power Skills).
1. Decision-making in the Age of Big Data (ABD) provides an insight into the Perils and Pitfalls we face when making decisions in the age of big-data.
Attendees will learn about decision-contamination, and decision-manipulation, and how to remedy this situation
Decisions pertaining to recruiting, site selection, bid evaluation, procurement, etc., are driven by multiple criteria. Selection of relevant criteria, and determining their relative significance, is a challenge.
The XpertUS Multi-Criteria decision-making softwaretool is ideal for determining the optimum decision, and also for subsequent sensitivity studies (decision-validation).
2. Analytical Decision Making (ADM) has been specifically designed for analysts, specialists, CXOs, industry professionals, etc., to make validated decisions. Most importantly, it will give participants the necessary knowledge, tools, and techniques, to make decisions that are timely, consistent, optimal, and defensible, in the today’s world of information and choice overload.
All attendees will receive the following at no cost:
(1) PDF version of the Presentation deck
(2) E-Copy of the Book (Better Defensible Decisions)
(3) AHP (Analytic Hierarchy Process) Multi-criteria Software, and Decision-Zone Mapping App (value US$500.00)
Students will get and install the software and see how it is used to address specific problems as a part of this workshop.
An Insight into Analytical Decision-Making (10 min.): https://vimeo.com/431333104
You can take a quick quiz to see where you are at in the decision-making world from the link below. https://xpertus.com/dq/index.php
After this workshop, participants will be able to:
Dr. Wirasinghe is the author of the books on Decisions-Making and on Negotiating. He is an internationally recognized expert on Decision-Making.
He has trained several Fortune 500 companies, in the USA, including reputable entities such as the USNavy; Wal-Mart; Hyatt Hotels, Starbucks, etc. He is also a guest lecturer at the University of Houston’s MBA program. He started life as an Apprentice Mechanic, and went on to become an Oil & Gas Engineer, Research Scientist, University Professor, Management Consultant, and Director of a Public Utility.
Graduating as Valedictorian at Teesside University, U.K. in Mechanical Engineering, he went on to obtain his Ph.D. in Fluid Mechanics, having won a scholarship from the prestigious “Confederation of British Industries”. He has lived, worked and trained professionals in Asia, Mid-East, Europe, North America and South America. He has worked for some of the largest companies in the world: Abu Dhabi National Oil Co., Petroleos de Venezuela, British Gas, Enron Corp., and the University of Zulia, where he lectured in Spanish.
$45 Chapter members
$25 Chapter Board
$35 Directors, Student members
All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the respective event coordinator: Director of Registration
|Event Date||12-02-2022 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||12-02-2022 12:15 pm|
|Cut off date||12-01-2022 11:55 pm|
|Late Fee||USD5.00 (From 11-01-2022 00:00)|