January 19, 2016
Registration Opens December 20
The Agile PMO: Practical value-driven change leadership in projects and portfolios, with Michael Nir
Convincing the bear: Influence without authority, with Michael Nir
The Agile PMO: Practical value-driven change leadership in projects and portfolios
Conclusive research findings inform us that many PMO roll-outs are disbanded in two years. Yet we repeat the same mistakes in our PMO implementations - wasting money, resources and time. In this presentation we explore the causes for PMO blunders. We investigate the many pitfalls the PMOs fall into, and together answer questions such as:
- What is the strategic role of the value driven PMO in business
- What are the different useful roles a PMO can undertake
- What is the pivotal role of the PMO in portfolio and resource management
- How can the Agile PMO contribute to the marrying of Waterfall top down and Agile Key take away, a PMO must deliver value to the organization constantly. Value isn't template, tools and processes rather it is the ability to finish the right projects faster!
Convincing the bear - Influence without authority
After hiking towards a glacier in Denali National Park Alaska, we were making camp near a small lake. Suddenly I heard my friend saying “Michael there’s a bear here, it is on this side of the lake”. And there he was, a ‘young’ 200 Pound Grizzly no more than 10 feet away… Influencing a bear in the Alaskan outback is quite similar to handling the bears or rather stakeholders of the modern organization – both have their own agenda, and will have you for lunch if they think it serves their interests and appetites.In this presentation we learn best practices for leading and influencing without authority, including the three essentials model: stakeholder leadership, team orientation and individual adjustment. Do you have the proper toolset to influence the bears when you lack the authority? After Michael’s presentation you will be able to:
- Use your personal power to lead and influence without authority
- Align your leadership with the team situation
- Make individual adjustments to influence through difficult project and business situations
About the Speaker
Michael Nir - President of Sapir Consulting - PMP, Scaled Agile Consultant - has been helping clients overcome business challenges and achieve their potential for over 15 years. He is passionate about Gestalt theory and practice, which complements his engineering studies (M.Sc. and B.Sc.) and contributes to his understanding of individual and team dynamics in business. Michael authored 11 Bestsellers in the fields of Influencing, Agile, Teams, and Leadership. His experience includes significant know-how in the telecoms, hi-tech, software development, R&D environments and petrochemical & infrastructure industries. He develops creative and innovative solutions in Agile project and product management, process improvement, leadership, and team building programs.
Grilled Wild Salmon
With Spinach, Artichoke, Roasted Tomato Pico, Served with Lemon Pesto Gnocci
Pecorino Crusted Eggplant with Tomato Coulis, Succotash of Fresh Corn, Edamame, Red Onions and Three Cheese Polenta Cakes
Flourless Chocolate Cake, Caramel, Sweetened Cream & Strawberries
Doubletree Lloyd Center, 1000 NE Multnomah, Portland, Oregon
Pick up your parking voucher at the registration table–Parking is FREE!
4:00 Registration table opens
4:30 Educational presentation
5:35 New member welcome meeting
6:00 Dinner & announcements
7:00 Keynote presentation
NOTE: Registration deadlines have changed!
|Register thru |
Student Chapter Member*
- Visit this page for complete Event Registration FAQs
- Chapter Members* must log in to the PMI Portland web site prior to registering in order to receive automatic member pricing discounts!
- If your account is not yet activated, see the New Member web page for more information.
- There will be no retroactive payment adjustments. Please be certain you are registering correctly prior to payment.
- All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the respective event coordinator: Director of Registration
- Cancellation/Refund Policy
Chapter Meeting/Keynote Presentation–1 PDU
Educational Presentation–1 PDU
Click here for information on reporting PDUs.
Check upcoming presenters on the Our Speakers web page.
Director of Registration email