Oregon Food Bank Volunteer Event
Hello PMI Portland Chapter Members! We have scheduled a volunteer shift with Oregon Food Bank and would like you to join our group!
December 2, 2017
Shift time - 1pm - 3 pm
Portland Volunteer Action Center
7900 NE 33rd Dr., Portland OR 97211
6 and Up
Repack and label bulk dry food in a lively, active environment! You'll be repacking foods like rice, pasta, apples or potatoes into family-sized packages, either working at tables or around bins.
To secure a spot, you MUST click on this link:
You'll need to log in (or create an account) to be added to our group, but it only takes a minute! Your group loses its hold on the spaces 3 days before the shift and spaces will open on a first come, first served basis to ensure all spaces are filled.
Every volunteer, regardless of age, needs to register. If you are signing up family members, you must first log out of your account before using the link to register others. You may use one email address for multiple people.
Don't forget to sign up to make sure you get a spot. It only takes a minute! Hope to see you there!
If you wish to bring your children -
Fill out Youth Consent Forms (if applicable). All first-time volunteers under 18 must bring a signed Youth Consent Form. Be sure chaperones review the Chaperone Guidelines. Groups will be turned away if they do not bring sufficient supervision.
- Minimum Age 6. (Adults must accompany volunteers under 16)
- Volunteers must be able to lift 5 pounds
- Stand on concrete surfaces for extended period
- You will be turned away if you are wearing improper foot wear. Shoes must have closed toes and heels (no sandals, clogs, mules or high heels).
- Shirts with sleeves are required. Tank tops are not allowed.
- Youth Release forms are required for first-time volunteers under 18.
- If you have cold symptoms or open wounds, you will not be permitted to work.
- Temperatures in the volunteer areas can vary. Layers are recommended.
- Lockers are available for personal items, but are unsecured. Please leave valuables at home or lock in your car.
Arriving at OFB:
Please arrive 15 minutes before your shift. Be sure everyone goes to the computer tablet in the lobby to sign in.
For travel options and directions to our Portland facility: 7900 NE 33rd Dr., Portland OR 97211. When you arrive, everyone needs to sign in on the tablets and wait for further instructions. The volunteer orientation begins promptly at the scheduled start time. For everyone's safety after regular office hours, the doors are locked 20 minutes after the start of the shift.
If you have further questions, please read our FAQs.