Friday, May 29, 2020 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Workplace conflict is inevitable given needs across six generations, gender inequality, cultural clashes, power dynamics, microaggressions, and implicit biases. But if workplace conflict is foreseeable, how do you approach it constructively rather than destructively? In this virtual seminar, Cole Chatterton shows attendees key strategies to approach conflicts respectfully and with empathy instead of avoiding them.
Key Learning Objectives
● Build trust with your team, colleagues, and supervisors
● Learn how to lean into the discomfort constructively
● Gain confidence to engage with difficult conversations
● Begin to see the other person's perspective, become self-aware and employ the power of empathy
● Understand the impact that individual implicit biases, confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance have on conflicted environments
A word of caution! This training comes with a “twist” which will have participants walking away examining where the conflict truly resides.
Cole Chatterton is the owner of Paradigm Swift, a business consulting, corporate training and executive coaching service. He holds a BS in Business/Project Management and an MBA from George Fox University and has certifications in Six Sigma and Lean quality management, ISO 900 and Prosci change management. Cole has held regional project manager roles within the restaurant industry, was a national account manager with Xerox Corporation.
The founder of Weathered Hands & Hearts, a local nonprofit dedicated to helping the homeless, Cole has spent years giving back, including trips to Armenia to build homes, Puerto Rico for disaster relief, Haiti as a business development advisor, and China with an academic delegation. He’s currently on the board of Forward Edge International.
- $40 Non-members
$25 Chapter Members
$25 Chapter Student Members
- Visit this page for complete Event Registration FAQs
- *Chapter Members must log in to the PMI Portland web site prior to registering in order to receive automatic member pricing discounts!
- NEW / RENEWING MEMBER? NOTE: It takes up to three business days for PMI Global to process your new PMI Portland Chapter membership so that we can create your PMI Portland login account on our site. If you're a new/renewing member or planning to join, please plan accordingly! See the New Member web page for more information.
- There will be no retroactive payment adjustments. Please be certain you are registering correctly prior to payment.
Presented via Zoom. Details available with registration
The course will provide 4 PDUs Leadership
for information on reporting PDUs.