Do you long for the ability to inspire your team to complete tasks correctly the first time?
Would you like a way to provide feedback to your team that empowers vs.disempowers?
Would your work be more enjoyable if you and your team laughed more?
In this interactive and humorous program, we will do a deep dive into three critical components specifically designed to generate team energy and full engagement:
3. Laughter at Work
You will walk away from this fun, energy-filled program with all the information to:
Master the Socratic Delegation Process, a practical and critically important tool that enables you to:
1. Empower your team to take ownership of their roles (really!)
2. Ensure tasks are done correctly the first time and on schedule (whaaaaat?)
3. Uncover why your amazingly clear instructions aren't being carried out correctly and what you can do about it.
4. Utilize the "Silver Mind Meld" a powerful tool to learn what your team is planning so you can head problems off at the pass and avoid frustrating and costly “do overs.”
Use Feedback as an Amazing Performance-Enhancing Tool – learn the deceptively simple Reverse Feedback Process and
5. Encourage team members to self-critique, resulting in significantly fewer confrontations.
6. Further develop the skills and capabilities of your team (and you!) without formal training.
Lighten Up & Lead! - Given the level of intensity at which most organizations operate, it is more important than ever to learn and apply the power of humor. We will explore:
7. Ways to enhance creative problem-solving through humor
8. Ways to easily encourage laughter in your culture further developing your team’s WILLINGNESS to get things done (it’s harder to say no when you’re smiling).
I have had the opportunity to try your delegation technique a couple of times since your presentation and I like the way it works. The first person was a bit surprised and wasn't sure how to address my questions about her plans to best complete the work. After I let her think for a bit, she came up with some awesome, very helpful plans.
- John Oberdiek, Sr. Project Manager, Portland, OR
Thank you so much for the wonderful presentation you made at our Supervisory Academy Renewal. Supervisors from every level of the organization responded with enthusiasm to your theme, Getting Staff to Do What Needs to be Done – WILLINGLY! Your overall rating of 3.78 out of a possible 4.0 was the highest ever given in the 7 years I have been coordinating this event.
. - Judi Suedmeyer, Supervisory Development Coordinator, City of Phoenix
The “take aways” from a Silver Rose program stay with you. Her ideas are not the ones you cannot remember a month from now; they continue to play a big part in how you see the world.”
- John D. Baker, President, Strategies for the Future
Evaluation results from PMI Portland April 2017 keynote on this topic:
About the Presenter
Silver Rose, an employee engagement thought leader, infuses ENERGY into teams with strategies for: (1) re-energizing employees; (2) increasing profitability; and (3) freeing leadership from the necessity of micro-managing results. Originally from Boston, Silver majored in journalism at San Diego City College and has held multiple leadership positions: Creative Director, Marketing Intelligence Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing. For over 10 years she has been a professional speaker and humorist, heading her own Consulting and Executive Coaching practice. Her proudest achievement is having successfully raised two “at risk” daughters whom she adopted from Foster Care at the ages of 12 and 15.
Portland World Trade Center
121 SW Salmon
Portland, OR, 97204
Check upcoming presenters on the Our Speakers web page.
|Event Date||07-20-2018 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||07-20-2018 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||06-07-2018|
|Cut off date||07-19-2018 11:55 pm|
|Late Fee||$50.00(From 07-20-2018)|
|Location||World Trade Center Portland|
We wish to thank each of the Chapter sponsors for their continued support of the organization and their recognition of the importance of project management in the Portland area. To learn how your organization can become a Chapter sponsor, please visit Become a Sponsor