Mentoring Spring Session Signup (Mentors)
Now taking applications for Spring 2023 Session 6/1/2023 - 9/30/2023.
- Mentor application form See Mentor requirements below
- Mentee application form See Mentee requirements below
To reach a wider audience and make a bigger impact for the profession, we have created three levels of mentoring service; Basic Project Management career and problem-solving, PMO / Portfolio Management mentoring, and career guidance for Military Veterans in the project management profession.
The Basic Mentoring Program
Our basic mentoring program will continue its successful strategy to provide the following to mentees:
- The ability to learn from experienced project managers.
- An opportunity to reflect on the effects of personal attributes and behaviors on successful project management.
- Aid in defining professional goals and using relevant methods to achieve them.
- Access to an alternate line of communication (for personal and work issues).
The PMO/Portfolio Management Mentoring Program
The PMO/Portfolio Mentoring Program is an advanced program for professional project managers that are ready to move into the Project Management Office or manage a portfolio of projects. Mentees in this program must have at least 5 years of project management experience and are hoping to move into a PMO or Portfolio area of project management. This program is intended to give advice and direction to those intending to move in that direction professionally.
The Military Veteran Mentoring Program
We have found an interesting new source of project managers and opportunities for retired veterans. Since this program is designed for veterans, that will be a prerequisite for mentor and mentee participation in this area. The plan is to give veterans who have received project management training in the military guidance in the business sector.
Requirements for Mentors:
- Complete and submit the mentor application
- Background and experience in various levels of management
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Project Manager (current or retired)
- Current PMP certification
- PMO/Portfolio Mentors: 5 years of experience with the PMO or Portfolio management
- Military Mentors: Military project management experience
Requirements for Mentees:
- Complete and submit the mentee application
- $25 application fee ($20 for members, $15 for Student Members)
- PMO Mentee: 5 years of project management experience and desire to move into the PMO/Portfolio management
- Military Mentee: Military background and a desire to move into the project management profession for the Veteran’s program
Requirements for ALL Program participants:
- Commit to a minimum of six months’ mentoring partnership
- Commit to meet on a regular basis – estimated at one half-hour per week minimum (Actual time spent is based on agreement between mentor and mentee.)
- Participate in the mentoring program surveys
- Notify the administration if there is any difficulty in goal-setting or mentoring progress
For additional information, please contact:
|Event End Date||06-02-2023 11:55 pm|
|Cut off date||06-02-2023 11:55 pm|