Guest speaker Greg Smith leads both the Education session and our Keynote event at this month’s meeting. He will guide members and guests in exploring Agile Value Management Organizations and employing user stories to reduce waste and the time needed to deliver successful projects.
Educational Session Title: Using Evolving Stories
- Understand why organizations use stories instead of formal requirements
- Learn how stories are born and how they evolve throughout a project
- How using stories reduces waste in a project and reduces the time needed to deliver
Keynote Session Title: How to Create an Agile Value Management Organization
In this presentation, we will discuss the role of a traditional project management office (PMO) in contrast to one driven by Agile and Lean principles.
- Moving from regulation and control to assisting business partners in obtaining value
- Helping the organization prioritize work by value, and time to value (Weighted Shortest Job First)
- Helping executives convert vision into specific business strategies
- Optimizing the entire organization, not just project teams
Speaker Bio: Since 2001, Greg Smith has been an Agile coach and trainer who leads projects and successful Agile transformations for all types of organizations. Greg has helped numerous Fortune 500 companies and major institutes move to Agile, including CDW, Microsoft, Exxon Mobile, T-Mobile, Costco, JP Morgan Chase, StubHub and the World Bank Group.
Agenda for the evening
4:00 p.m. : Registration table opens
4:30-5:30 p.m. : Educational session
5:30-6:00 p.m. : Networking
5:35-6:00 p.m. : New member welcome
6:00-7:00 p.m. : Dinner served and announcements
7:00-8:00 p.m. : Keynote presentation
Location and parking
Doubletree Lloyd Center, 1000 NE Multnomah, Portland, OR 97232
Parking is free; pick up your parking voucher at the registration table.
Menu options (gluten free available)
Northwest Salad: Wild Greens with Candied Hazelnuts, Dried Oregon Berries, Rogue River Bleu Cheese, Grape Tomatoes & English Cucumbers, Tossed in Red Wine Vinaigrette
Regular: Hickory Roasted Chicken: Roasted Garlic, Wild Mushrooms, Harvest Rice, Chicken Demi Glaze, Roasted Vegetables
Vegetarian: Vegetable Wellington: Grilled Zucchini, Squash Peppers, Carrots, Onions, Fresh Chevre, Tamari, Roasted Tofu wrapped in Feuille de Brick over Harvest Rice and Red Pepper Coulis
Dessert: Crème Brûlée Cheesecake: Creamy New York Style custard Cheesecake with Crème Brûlée toasted sugar finish
Chapter meeting includes educational session, keynote session, and meal.
Chapter members must log in to receive automatic membership discounts.
Late fee applies after discounts are calculated.
- Chapter Members: $25
- Chapter Student Members: $10
- Non-members: $45
Late Fee Pricing:
- $15 added to the price above (see Event Properties below - Late Fee for date new pricing goes into effect)
- Visit this page for complete Event Registration FAQs
- Chapter members must log in to the PMI Portland website prior to registering to receive automatic member pricing discounts.
- If your account is not yet activated, see the New Member web pagefor more information. Note, it may take up to three business days for PMI Global to process your new PMI Portland Chapter membership.
- There will be no retroactive payment adjustments. Please be certain you are registering correctly prior to payment.
- For non-member students and instructors, please see our policy on Student Outreach Policy & Process.
All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the respective event coordinator: Director of Registration
Education session: 0.5 strategic and 0.5 leadership.
Keynote: 1.0 technical
for information on reporting PDUs.