2020 ACP-certification Course
PMI-ACP Exam Preparation Course
Saturdays...January 25 - Februrary 8, 2020
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) is a recent and progressive certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) and it “sets the bar” for agile project professionals! That also means that the two hurdles standing in front of you – completing the application to sit for the exam and passing the exam – are rigorous. Luckily this course helps you sail over those hurdles and go to the next level with solid, real world practices.
After you have passed the exam your boss, co-workers, and customers will have raised expectations about you as an agile expert!
Expert Digests of:
- Agile Modeling
Study Aids such as:
- Terminology Matching
- Crossword Puzzles
- Flash Cards
- Chapter Practice Tests
Attendees will have:
- Experienced local PMP & PMI-ACP instructors
- Opportunity for hands-on exercises and practice exams
- Certification of 21 hours of training with successful course completion
The 3-day course provides 21 hours of instruction, with some homework. Those that already have PMP or PgMP certification will get 21 PDUs. That means you can get great career-enhancing training and 21 PDUs in just 3-days!
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand key concepts you need to study in order to pass the PMI-ACP exam
- Understand the application eligibility requirements
- Learn the terminology for different agile frameworks and methods
- Walk through key agile methods and how they contract to traditional methods
- Learn to read burn-down charts or other radiators to determine the health of agile projects
- Hand-on exercises to further your understanding of agile
About the Instructors
- Brian Kronstad PMP, CSM, PMI-ACP SAFe (SA) - 20+ years of project management experience using a variety of methodologies including Agile, Waterfall and vendor specific. IT experience in Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, and IT Organizational Leadership, Design & Strategy.
- Diane Brady PMP, CSM, PMI-ACP - 18+ years of project management experience utilizing agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean), waterfall and mixed methods and tools. PMI Portland chapter past president.
- Emily Wood PMP, PMI-ACP, MIST, CSPO, CSM has served as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Agile Project Manager over the course of her career. Her project management focuses on agile methodologies specifically Scrum, Kanban, and SAM. Emily has executed in-person and online training programs for the federal government, nonprofits, and the corporate sector.
- Daniel Ackermann MSPM, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM is a Project Management and Agile consultant with over 25 years’ experience in the software development and technology industry. He has a master’s degree in Project and Program management from Boston University and obtained his PMP certification in October 2001. He is a Certified Scrum Master and obtained his PMI-ACP certification in June 2017. Daniel is passionate about helping people to achieve more through the acquisition of knowledge.
- Patricia (Trish) Kelley S PMP, CSM, PMI-ACP, AFe (SA) is a long-time member of PMI Portland. She has served the chapter as a PMP instructor, ACP instructor, VP of Professional Development, VP at Large and currently acts as the Director of Toastmasters and the PDU Reporting expert for the chapter.
- David Whitlock PMI-ACP began his career as a software engineer hacking on the Java Virtual Machine. After realizing that the challenges of leading people were just as exciting as crafting software that delights its users, he turned his attention to working with others to help grow individuals and Teams within the context of a larger organization. He feels that listening and communication are fundamental to understanding others and understanding yourself. By night, he is an adjunct lecturer in the Computer Science Department at Portland State University. David likes watching things grown whether they are Teams, companies, his students, his family, or the vegetables in his garden.
- Peter Heaver, PMP, PMI-ACP, SAFe (SA) is a consultant offering a background of 15+ years, with emphasis in project management, leading teams as Scrum Master, Agile coaching and software engineering. Peter has a keen focus on task automation, system optimization, and tool standardization; offers a deep knowledge of Agile/Scrum and Lean methodologies; excels in fast-paced environments, working across engineering/product teams and leveraging business analyst experience to understand, prioritize, and deliver on requirements.
- Opinderjit S. Bhella, PMI-ACP, PMP has been working at HP for over 18 years and in the software industry over 25. In his most recent role, he is managing development teams (both virtual and co-located) innovating on cloud based software solutions, including Big Data Engineering/Analytics, using the Agile Scrum framework. He also teaches Computer Science classes at Clark College as an Adjunct professor. He has earned his Masters in both Computer Science and Engineering and Technology Management. His research interests included Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Technology Marketing. He holds certifications in both PMP and PMI-ACP (Agile) as well as certificates in Managing New Product development. Opinderjit lives in Vancouver, WA with his wife and 2 sons and enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, photography, Tai Chi, hiking and playing his guitar. He finds both passion and relaxation in his hobbies, though he is always looking for more time to read.
- Non-members ... $700
- Chapter Members ... $500
- Chapter Student Members ... $350
- Registration closes 1/14/2020
- Visit this page for complete Event Registration FAQs
- *Chapter Members must log in to the PMI Portland web site prior to registering in order to receive automatic member pricing discounts!
- NEW / RENEWING MEMBER? NOTE: It takes up to three business days for PMI Global to process your new PMI Portland Chapter membership so that we can create your PMI Portland login account on our site. If you're a new/renewing member or planning to join, please plan accordingly! See the New Member web page for more information.
- There will be no retroactive payment adjustments. Please be certain you are registering correctly prior to payment.
Portland, OR 97229
01-25-2020 8:30 am
Event End Date
02-08-2020 5:00 pm
Registration Start Date
11-18-2019 1:00 am
Cut off date
01-14-2020 11:55 pm
University of Portland (Westside)